Mercedes-Benz announced a host of warranty and service initiatives to support its customers due to the current situation. These customer centric initiatives include an extension on timelines to honour warranty claims and warranty protection against lapsed service. In addition, special support on extended warranty, insurance claims and hassle-free warranty extension & insurance renewals are some key highlights of the customer support initiative. Mercedes-Benz India will continue to support the customers with its Road Side Assistance programme with special permissions, wherever required. Mercedes-Benz has also ensured ongoing communication with the customers through its toll-free number and customer assistance center where the associates are working remotely to assist customers with their queries.
Martin Schwenk, MD & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India, commented, “In the current challenging situation it remains our endeavour to assure our customers of complete peace of mind when it comes to their vehicles. Through these specially crafted service initiatives along with our service teams’ ongoing support working remotely, our customers will continue to enjoy a hassle free vehicle ownership.”
Once the on-ground situation gradually normalizes in respective markets and service centres get operational, customers can avail services like DSDNxt, which allows them to stay connected with their vehicles from the comfort of their home and experience the entire service journey digitally. With DSDNxt, after booking for an online appointment, customers receive a ‘Service Web Check-In Pass’ against each service, which then facilitates selection of service preferences, including the real-time tracking of the car during pick & drop, real-time service status update, download service documents, and online payment of service bills.
Eases norms of various customer services | Continues a seamless 24×7 Customer support via customer assistance center during the lockdown with the help of remote setup
- Standard Warranty Extension: For Standard Warranty cases expiring between 15th April and 31st May’21 will be honored up to 30th June’21
- Protection against lapsed service: Misses on the scheduled annual service from 15th April’21 up to 31st May’21 would be honored up to 30th June’21 without affecting warranty benefits However, customers should ensure servicing of their vehicles before 30th June’21
- Extended warranty and Insurance claim support: Claims related to Advance Assurance Extended warranty or Motor insurance (Daimler Financial Services Insurance) can be reported till 30th June’21. Such claims will be attained even if the extended warranty or motor insurance on the car has lapsed in the period of 15th April’21 to 31st May’21
- Hassle free Insurance renewal just a call away: Through Daimler Financial Services, Customers can easily renew motor insurance policy by simply calling the nearest Mercedes-Benz dealer and receiving policy over e-mail with eased payment terms
- Extra period to purchase extended warranty: If the vehicle’s standard warranty period of 3 years is expiring between 15th April’21 and 31st May’21, customers can buy Advance Assurance extended warranty by simply calling the nearest Mercedes-Benz dealership before 30th June’21
- Mobilo on the move: Road Side Assistance with special permissions from authorities is made available wherever possible , to ensure customer support