- ŠKODA AUTO India will commence the reservation window for OCTAVIA RS 245 on 01 March 2020, at 12 noon, via a centralized platform (www.buyskodaonline.co.in) against a booking fee of INR 1 lac
- A limited two hundred units of the OCTAVIA RS 245 will be sold exclusively through the website
- The OCTAVIA RS 245 will be available at an ex-showroom price of INR 35.99 lacs in five attractive colour options: Rallye Green, Race Blue, Corrida Red, Magic Black, and Candy White
- Equipped with the turbocharged 2.0 TSI (seven speed DSG) engine, the new ŠKODA OCTAVIA RS 245 will deliver 245 PS (180 kW) of power and a peak torque output of 370 Nm
- The OCTAVIA RS 245 accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in 6.6 seconds and has a top speed ‘electronically limited’ to 250 km/h – making it the fastest ŠKODA AUTO offering, in India
- Carbon Décor, flat-bottom SuperSport steering wheel with paddle-shift, Virtual Cockpit, and black Alcantara® Sports Seats with integrated headrests accentuate the sporty character of the vehicle
- 45.72 cm R (18) dual tone Vega alloy wheels, distinctive RS badge, and glossy black design elements underline the ŠKODA OCTAVIA RS 245’s dynamic, sporty, and urbane appeal
The new ŠKODA OCTAVIA RS 245 comes equipped with the turbocharged 2.0 TSI petrol engine, mated to a seven-speed automatic dual-clutch transmission, delivering an impressive power output of 245 PS (180 kW), a 15 PS (11 kW) increase over its predecessor, and a peak torque output of 370 Nm achieved in the 1,600 – 4,300 rpm range. The assertive and dynamic character of the RS 245 is further accentuated by the innovative chassis technology with electronically regulated VAQ limited-slip differential. The high-performance beast of a machine accelerates a standstill to a 100 km/h in mere 6.6 seconds and has its top speed ‘electronically limited’ to 250 km/h – instating it as the fastest ŠKODA AUTO offering, in India. The vRS Mode button, on the center console, adjusts the characteristics of the engine, electronic assistants, and stability control systems, for a penultimate driving experience.
The RS 245 inherits the signature contoured body of the iconic ŠKODA OCTAVIA, and arms it with distinctive design elements. The fascia is dominated by a massive front butterfly grille, with gloss black surrounds and broad honeycomb air inlets, as well as characteristic Quadra headlamps with CystalGlo LED daytime running lights.
The side profile of the OCTAVIA RS 245, with glossy black 45.72 cm R (18) dual tone Vega alloy wheels and wing mirror housings, lengthens the vehicle visually and emphasize the coupé-like silhouette. The sports chassis lowers the body of the new RS 245 by 15 mm when compared to the OCTAVIA model range, on offer, in India.
The C shaped illumination, typical of the ŠKODA model range, is tastefully complemented by the glossy black spoiler and trapezoidal tailpipes that make the vehicle confidently stand out. The radiator grille as well as the tailgate sport the RS badge that features a ‘V’ (for victory) and accentuates the dynamic appearance of the new ŠKODA offering. The ŠKODA OCTAVIA RS 245 can be acoustically recognized by the ‘husky’ sound of its exhaust system.
Step inside the ŠKODA OCTAVIA RS 245 and experience how racy and refined can go hand-in-hand. The Carbon décor with LED ambient lighting, with as many as ten colour options, adds to the active theme that continues inside the OCTAVIA RS 245.
The three-spoke SuperSport flat-bottom multifunction steering wheel with paddle-shift and black perforated leather with red stitching lend the vehicle an emotive and authentic appearance. The RS 245 opens up new vistas with the Virtual Cockpit – a customizable high definition digital instrument panel that offers a fresh perspective of all important driving data and navigation – with Classic, Basic, Extended, Modern, and Sports display options.
The black Alcantara® Sports Seats with integrated headrests don the RS logo and enhance the sporty appeal of the interiors. The twelve-way electrically-adjustable driver and front passenger seats, with lumbar support and three programmable memory functions for the driver seat, are further proof that ŠKODA always offers a bit ‘more car’ for your money.
COMFORT AND CONVENIENCE
The ŠKODA OCTAVIA RS 245 hosts a plethora of the most technically advanced and intelligent connectivity features. The state-of-the-art 20.32 cm touchscreen central infotainment system, is equipped with SmartLink™ technology (ŠKODA Connectivity bundles supporting MirrorLink®, Apple CarPlay, and Android Auto) that mirrors the smartphone for seamless connectivity and an undistracted drive. The dual-zone Climatronic air conditioning system, with clean air function, features electronic regulation. It is also fitted with a humidity sensor that reduces the windscreen misting.
With a capacity of 590 litres, stretched to 1,580 litres with the rear seat backrests (capable of a 60:40 split and through-loading) folded down, the new OCTAVIA RS 245 sets segment benchmark in luggage space. It transcends to maximized storage and practicality for all your business, pleasure, and practical essentials.
SAFETY AND SMART ASSISTANCE
The standard safety equipment in the OCTAVIA RS 245 includes nine airbags: dual front, side airbags at front and rear, curtain airbags at front and rear, and driver knee airbag – that reiterate ŠKODA AUTO’s strong emphasis on the safety of its customers.
In addition, a host of security equipment and safety support functions include AFS (Adaptive Front light System), ABS (Anti-lock Braking System), ESC (Electronic Stability Control), EBD (Electronic Brake-force Distribution), MBA (Mechanical Brake Assist), MKB (Multi Collision Brake), HBA (Hydraulic Brake Assist), ASR (Anti Slip Regulation), and EDS (Electronic Differential Lock).