Whenever we decide to buy a car the first question that pops in our head is the mileage or fuel efficiency of the car. So let’s try to understand some simple techniques when implemented by us that will help us save fuel.
1. Accelerate smoothly – One of the best ways to save fuel is to keep a steady speed limit; research has a recommended speed of 50kmph in the highest gear. If a little patience is added while driving then it will certainly save a lot of fuel.
2. Accelerator push -You must avoid pushing the accelerator down a long way to avoid the change of gear then you are actually using more fuel. In such cases, an automatic car does a better job.
3. Air Conditioning – Turning off the air conditioner while driving is advisable as it consumes less fuel. You must avoid usage of air-con for a long duration and move around with open windows.
4. Tyre pressure – If there is less pressure in your tire then your vehicle needs more fuel to pull on. it is recommended that one should get the pressure of the tires to check once every two weeks. You can also install the pressure monitoring system for a hassle-free check-up and the device will update you whenever your can has pressure issues.
5. Unnecessary weight – If you have unnecessary weight loaded in the car then it will pull more fuel. To avoid cluttering your vehicle with unwanted objects.
6. Service – The quality of the engine oil affects fuel consumption. Ensure that your car is serviced properly with genuine goof quality engine oil. Change the oil in the car according to the vehicle requirements to save fuel.
7. Roof rack – If you have installed a roof rack and there not much usage of the same then you must think of removing it. Most of the time roof rack increases the drag and leads to more fuel consumption.