Ashok Leyland ensures continuous service support to customers during Covid 19
India’s leading commercial vehicle manufacturer, Ashok Leyland, flagship of the Hinduja Group, has announced a slew of measures to support their customers, and their drivers, in their endeavor to provide uninterrupted service during these challenging times.
The measures announced are:
· All MHCV models – Warranty / Extended Warranty period expiring between 15th March, 2020 and 15th April, 2020 shall be extended by 2 months
· Free services due between 15th March 2020 and 15th April, 2020 shall be extended by 2 months for availing the service
· All LCV models – vehicles whose free service falls between 1st March 2020 and 15th April 2020, the same has been extended and can be availed up to 31st May 2020
· Vehicles whose warranty would expire between 1st March 2020 and 30th April 2020 has been extended up to 31st May 2020
· Extended warranty of vehicles, expiring between 15th March 2020 and 14th April 2020 has been extended up to 14th May 2020
As part of the ServiceMandi initiative, under the en-Dhan fuel card scheme, Ashok Leyland associated with HPCL to reach out to truck drivers who were stranded on the highways across the country to lend support. They formed a joint task force team that reached out to fleet owners, truck owners to understand the kind of support their drivers might require during this lockdown period. Some wanted a safe parking space to protect their shipment, while some others wanted access to basic groceries. Some others wanted cash. HPCL offered safe parking in their petrol bunks for the stranded trucks. For those who wanted groceries, a basic hamper consisting of rice / atta, dal, and other basic necessities to cook food, mask, hand sanitisers, and soap was provided. To those who wanted cash, money was transferred quickly to the local HPCL bunk owner’s account, who in-turn withdrew the same and handed it over to the drivers. In a span of 4 days, over 1300 drivers were supported.
Commenting on the initiatives and measures taken by the team, Mr. R Sivanesan, President – Quality, Service, and Parts, Ashok Leyland, said, “These are trying times and there is no other way to triumph this but by fighting this together. We understand that our customers are doing what it takes to ensure that we all get our essential commodities while we stay at home. They are the backbone of the nation and it is our duty to do whatever it takes to provide them with the best possible support. These are some of the immediate actions that we have taken, and we will continue to provide all assistance required.”