Which car company owns which one??
We have been hearing so many car company names from affordable companies like Maruti to extremely expensive Koenigsegg or Rolls Royce.
So do all of these car companies stand on their own in terms of finance, production, design, profit and many more factors? If not then which are the companies providing support to which companies. Let’s look at the ownership of different brands submerged into others.
Companies owned by Daimler-Benz
- Mercedes-Benz which is the primary brand under Daimler AG
- Maybach ended its production in 2012 and is now again revived by introducing its concept car
- BharatBenz is an Indian joint venture company Hero Motor Corp and Daimler AG to built assuring trucks for Indian industries
- Mercedes-AMG is a performance-oriented subsidiary firm of Daimler AG
- Other than that Daimler-Benz owns a Mitsubishi Fuso, Sterling trucks, Car2Go and Western Star
Companies owned by Volkswagen
The company owns 12 major automobile companies from around the worlds out which some of them will be extremely obscure for you to reckon. So, let’s get a glimpse of these companies first
- And of course, Volkswagen itself
- Apart from this, it also has control over Ducati, MAN, Scania and a joint collaboration between Volkswagen and Neoplan
Companies owned by Toyota
The popular brand names which Toyota owns are the following
- Daihatsu Motor Company
- Hino Motors
- Subaru Corporation and Isuzu Motors. Well it only has the minor share in them which is 16.66 % and around 6% respectively. Of recently, Toyota has decided to sell all the stakes they had in Isuzu Motors.
Companies owned by Fiat
Well, all the big American car brands are under Fiat Chrysler Automobiles ownership. The firm name itself has occupied two of its companies Fiat Motors and Chrysler Motors. Apart from these Companies like Alfa Romeo, Dodge, Maserati, Jeep and Ram falls into Fiat Chrysler Automobiles.
Companies owned by BMW
Bayerische Motoren Worke generally dubbed as BMW owns one of the most luxurious car brands on the planet Rolls Royce and the other has its flattering performance named Mini.
Companies owned by Tata Motors
Yes, the only Indian car company which owns international car brands which are falling into luxurious car segments: Land Rover and Jaguar.
Companies owned by General Motors
American Company General Motors own Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Buick, Opel, and Vauxhall in Europe along with Holden in Australia.
Companies owned by Hyundai and Honda separately
Hyundai owns Kia Motors while Honda owns Acura
Companies that are mostly independent
Mitsubhishi and Mazda are independent owners acquiring no other partnership or stakes.